How Do I Use WiFi?
The Webster County Library now offers FREE wireless Internet access at the Garst Memorial Library in Marshfield for library patrons to use with their own personal laptops and other mobile devices.
To use our wireless service you need a current Webster County Library card in good standing. Show your card to the library staff and they will provide you with a username and password for accessing the network. If you are visiting we can provide you with a temporary wireless pass, photo ID is required. Our wireless service is only available during our normal operating hours.
Where Can I Access the Wireless Service?
Both branches of the Webster County Library have public accessible WiFi – the Garst Memorial Library in Marshfield and our Rogersville Branch.
What Do I Need To Access The Wireless Network?
You need a laptop or other mobile device that is equipped with an 802.11b/n compatible wireless device. See the Connection Tips below.
Library staff can provide general information and handouts for connecting your device to our wireless network, but cannot troubleshoot problems or make changes to your device’s network settings or hardware configuration. The Library cannot guarantee that your device will work with the library’s wireless connection.
How Do I Connect?
In most cases, you should be able to connect with our wireless network by simply turning on your device and scanning for the network or opening up a browser to start surfing. Details on configuring your device for a wireless network may vary depending upon specific models and operating systems. For specific information on how to configure or troubleshoot your wireless connection, you will need to refer to your device’s documentation.
Is It Secure?
No. Public wireless networks are not secure. If your device has a firewall it should be enabled.
We do not guarantee the security of patron computers or data while they are using our wireless service.
Is There A Time Limit?
Yes, a 2 hour per day limit.
Can I Print While Connected to WiFi?
No. Printing is only available from our public computers.
- Device should be 802.11b/n compatible
- User name and password available at front desk – library card required
- Configure your wireless device to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically
- Our ESSID/SSID is: Library
- WEP encryption should be Disabled
- Connection should be set for Infrastructure mode or Access Point – NOT Ad-Hoc
- Our login page should appear automatically when you open a browser
- Disable pop-up blocker temporarily – the session timer & logout window is a pop-up
- Can’t connect?
- Try entering “http://184.108.40.206” (no quotes) in the address bar
- Try “repairing” your connection using the wireless icon in your system tray