As of January 2nd, 2021 the Webster County Library will become a FINE FREE library! This means that there will no longer be a daily overdue charge for items returned after their due date. Replacement fees for items marked “lost” or “damaged” will still be charged appropriately as needed. Our checkout limits and due date time frames will remain the same, as well as replacement card and printing/copying fees. Here are a few details to take note of:
- Overdue fines will be waived on items checked out from either Webster County Library branch. This also applies to items borrowed from a Missouri Evergreen Consortium library.
- Overdue fines are different than fees. Items marked lost or damaged will still be charged accordingly. Missouri Evergreen borrowed items that are lost and/or damaged may accrue additional fees determined by the owning library.
- Items not returned within 45 days of the due date will be marked as lost, and a replacement fee will be charged.
- Renewals will still be available on items except for DVD’s and “NEW” books.
We are confident that our patrons will strive to continue returning library materials in a timely manner. Many items have a wait list, and we want to be sure that each patron has fair access to all materials. Here are a few tips for making sure you return your items in a timely fashion:
- Items can be returned to either the Marshfield or Rogersville locations. Outside accessible drop boxes for all materials are available at both locations.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date email address on your library card account so that you may receive handy reminders when your items are due.
- Download the Missouri Evergreen Mobile App for instant access to your account. You can keep an eye on due dates and renew certain items from the comfort of home.
The Webster County Library appreciates our patrons, and we hope that making this positive change will help our community to achieve access to library materials and services they may have thought were unavailable because of an overdue charge. Stop by or call to check on your account today!