Internet Safety Policy
In compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) and the Neighborhood Children’s Internet Protection Act, the Library has installed content filtering technology on all computers with Internet access and establishes the following guidelines to protect minors from harmful and inappropriate material:
1. Any person, including a minor child, who uses a Library computer, must have a valid library card in their own name.
2. Computers with Internet access will be filtered.
3. A minor is any person less than 17 years of age.
4. Parents or guardians are responsible for all computer activity of minors. The library is not responsible for denying computer access or supervising children’s activity. Information disclosed by minors via the internet is the sole responsibility of a parent or guardian.
5. Do not display text or graphics that may be legally defined by law as obscenity or child pornography.
6. The Library computers are available to the public and all patrons should use caution when transmitting personal information. Patrons should always sign out or log off of all websites.
Approved November 9, 2010