The staff and volunteers at the Webster County Library are excited to see Spring blossoming around us everywhere! We have even started our own spring cleaning!
As you begin your spring cleaning this year, remember that we DO take donations, but there are a few handy guidelines to follow…
1. Books should be of good to fair condition with no staining, water damage, or mold. And please no spiders!
2. DVD’s, CD’s, or any other form of media should be in it’s original case/cover, with minimal scratches or damage.
3. Magazines are accepted if they are within one calendar year. For example, as of March 24th, 2018 we will take March 2017 through March 2018.
4. We also take children and adult puzzles as part of our puzzle exchange program. Bring a puzzle or two to trade out for ones you have not completed yet.
5. Please drop off donations during our normal hours. Too many items placed in our outside book drop could cause damage to other materials or to the book drop itself. If you have several boxes to donate, please give us a call and we will help you unload them.
What do we do with the donations? We put into circulation the items that we can. If we don’t need to add an item it goes towards our Friends of the Library Book Sale.
The next Friends of the Library Book Sale is just around the corner! May 17th is the FOL members only night (a goodnight to join if you are not a member already!) and the sale will be open to the public on May 18th & 19th.
These early spring days are still a great time to cozy up with a new book! Or if you are starting to work in your garden, stop in a grab a Playaway to listen to! See you soon!